Friday, May 28, 2010

the last day of school

This is what I did on the last day of school. Above is a picture of a book binding machine. Today I only had 75 books to bind. so I stood at this machine for 2 hours binding books that 5th grade needs for next year.
The copy machine and I are tight! sometimes I even sweet talk it into doing what needs to be done. Today I was coping masters of work books that the district will not be buying for the school because of budget cuts and also because the maker of the workbook doubled the price for each book. from 5 to 10 dollars. sad day. But thank you for all who voted for the 1% tax raise. It will help with buying the copy paper to copy the books we can't afford.

Then I hide behind the wall and watched children come out of the cafeteria to make sure they walked and not run. I have been doing this every day this year. I would place myself in different locations so the kids could not see me but I could see them. What fun it was watching them look all around trying to fine me. But they were thinking about finding me and not about running. By the end of the year they were trained not to run. If they did run I blew my whistle and they had to go back to the doors and touch them. If they did not and they kept running I would find them on the playground and ask them to go touch the doors. I would wait until they were on the farthest part of the field. I know I'm mean. I never yelled at them.

After surveillance I went to the playground and monitored the playing. This young lady in the wheel chair was going on her 4th broken bone this year. She broke this leg by jumping into her swimming pool from the roof of her house. unfortunately it was in the shallow end of her pool.

When I got home I was able to see grand babies. this is Rigden and Amiela. They are both 6 months old.


And here is Evelyn and Hanna. Mal and Jon drove from Utah to visit family for a week. It is good to have them with us. I woke up Friday morning at 4:30am and went and worked out. The last 24 hours have been great. Hope you all had a great last day of school and a great first day of summer!




No comments: