Friday, December 18, 2009

Oh Christmas tree

These two Pictures tell the story of where Don and I were the weekend of the 11th and 12th. Don excepted a service project for the singles branch to decorate an 8 ft tree to be actioned off with proceeds to go to the Burn and Trauma unit of Phoenix. We went with the retro time theme because we knew for sure we couldn't compete with the professional people decorating the other 12 trees. We knew how to make a tree look like the tree's we grew up with.

Here are some of are trusty helpers working away. The action was held at the camelback inn. I told Don the only way I was going to be able to help him was if we stayed somewhere in Scottsdale after finishing the tree, late Friday night. I thought we'd stay at the motel 6 down the street, around the corner and in the next town, (Scottdale dose not have a motel 6) but he got us a room AT the camelback inn! It was wonderful and very relaxing.
The week of the 13-19th was busy at work with testing children all day and getting the R.S directories and book marks ready and writing a talk for Sunday the 20th. Our oldest grand son Tillman Jay Willis turned 7 on the 20th. I can't beleve he's that old. This is the year he learns about baptism, maybe he can even be baptised on Christmas day. I think that would be the best present a grandma and grandpa could receive.
Sunday early morning we got a call from Nate saying Amy was in the hospital with some pain and found out it was her Gallbladder. They took it out on Monday, We had a spend the night with Rigden and Nate on Sunday, and Amy and Nate and Rigden on Monday night. Amy is doing as well as to be expected. She now feels a part of the Crandell girls because all of us has had their gallbladder or appendix out after having a baby.(mal got hers out while being pregnant with Hanna) and getting to spend the night at my house.
The Willis grands spent Monday night with us and made a gingerbread house. and delivered goodies to the ward. Their parents picked them up at 10:30, Don and I were half asleep on the bed with the kids watching The Pollor Express. what fun.
So now that life has settled down just a bit, today is shopping day. Mal and Jon and Hanna will be here early Wednesday morning and the fun begins again. You gota love the holiday season.
If I don't get the chance to wish all you (6) readers a very merry CHRISTmas I am doing so now! MERRY CHRISTmas


2 comments:

Cluff Family said...

Let us be the first of your six followers to wish you a Merry Christmas! We'll see you on Christmas morning.

Kim & Max Willis family said...

nice mom!!! i just read your blog post! christmas was fun this year!! thanks