Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July and Grandkids & summer projects

Here is Hanna helping Papa pick tomato's and put them into the basket.
She is a great gardener.

The kids playing with fresh picked zucchini as they have a swim day at our house.


This project started in march. Making our first garden in our new place (5 years new). In this picture we have peppers, green beans, zucchini, and way on the far side are cucumbers.

Here we have Tomato's. They are delicious right off the vine.

The next three pictures are of one of my summer projects. Jars hanging from the trees and the pool fence with candles in them.

It looked like fire flies when all the bright lights were off. I'm not sure if I want to paint the glass different colors or leave them clear, I haven't decided.
I love the look it gives the back yard. Don was not so sure of some of my summer projects. I would also like to string lights from the house to the back fence, over the pool area. I think it would create a wonderful look.

These are the three grand girls playing in the dirt pit it's lots of fun. Don will soon be putting sand in it to make it a sand box.



What goes together better then grand kids and the 4th of July? Nothing!
We had a bar-b-Q in the back yard with burgers, hot dogs and chicken. The kids had a good time swimming and playing together.
I have another project I've started and will need to finish before Taylor goes on a mission, I'm making a quilt for him. All the squares are cut out I just need to sew them together.

No comments: