Saturday, February 7, 2009
Busy Day
Some of you readers might not know but today we had a HUGE estate sale at our neighbors house that live down the street and around the corner. The wife, Betty died the first of Dec. and her husband Jack is in a rest home not doing good. When the kids of Jack and Judy came for Judy's Funeral they decided not to do anything with the house and let the bank take it. Well Don and I thought it might be better if we could get some money to help with Jack's expenses. So the kids gave us a key and the work begin. At the end of Jan. we had the singles branch come over and clean and clear to get ready for the sale. Then every day this week I went over and organized each room. At 6am this morning we were over there to get the prep stuff done and we didn't stop until 2:30 when I locked to door after the last costumer. We made a bit of money for the family. Now the bank can take over and sale the place. A few cool things happened at the yard sale. 1. I had been keeping a suitcase full of bennie babies to take to the Children's hospital in Phoenix for the early born babies. Well a lady came through the house with a Children's Hospital shirt on and I asked her if she worked there and she did. So I gave her the bennie baby's, it saved me the trip. 2. Then a man from a moose lodge came buy wanting to buy men's shirts for the V.A. Hospital I said I'd give them to him because it would save me the trip. 3. Judy had saved about a 5 year supply of hotel soap and one woman wanted to buy them to send to the troops in Iraq, I was going to give them to a woman's shelter. Another saved trip. So the trip I do need to make is to the women's shelter Autumn House to drop off the tons of women's clothes that are left in the house, any one want to help?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are amazing!!! You two are the kindness, sweetest people I know. What a lot of work and you aren't even benefiting from it or related to these people. Just think about how many people have been helped because of you . . . you are the best examples of being Christ-like. Move back to our neighborhood!!!
Wow! Crandell's strike again! You really are wonderful and I know you hate it when people say that, but it is true. Thanks for the example! Hey, can you email me your girl's emails so I can reinvite them to my blog. I don't have them. Thanks, Mem
Post a Comment